The T2 was a development of the T1 – 1 tonner. Early T2s were little different from the T1s they superseded. The most noticeable difference was the use of a larger radiator, with a chromium-plated shell and which featured the new Morris Commercial Globe badge. Production of the T2 transferred in late 1932 from the Soho, Birmingham site to the new Morris Commercial works at Adderley Park, Birmingham (the ex Wolseley works). At the same time a number of changes were introduced – four wheel brakes, front bumpers and coil ignition. A forward control variant (T2F) with van body work was added to the range.
|1936 T2 – 1 ton van||(Photo – Ken Martin)|
|At the National Rally – Thoresby 2002|
cab/chassis, lorry and various van designs)
|Engine: 1802cc, 4 cylinder, side valve, 13.9hp(RAC) Hotchkiss type
Clutch: Cork insert between metal plates, running in oil
Gear Box: 3 Speed
Ignition: Magneto (1931-2) Coil (1932-6)