Production of the PV (parcel van) started in 1939, with 52 vans being produced before production ceased in 1940. After the 2nd World War, production recommenced in 1946 and continued until August 1953. During this period just over a further 15700 vans were produced.
Earlier versions of the PV, a flat fronted, forward control van, can be distinguished readily from later models by the horizontal split in the driver’s side of the windscreen. The 235 cu ft body comprised of a hardwood frame, with steel reinforcing plates. The sides of the body were panelled with armoured plywood.
|1947 PV 15/20 cwt Van||(Photo – Jim Riglar)|
|At the Morris Centenary International Rally, Cornbury Park – June 2013|
|Van body||Engine: Morris NPFC 4 cylinder side valve, 2050cc, 15.9hp (RAC)
Clutch: Borg & Beck single dry plate
Gear Box: 4 speed
Back to vehicles index
The Pre 1940 Morris Register Limited © 2019 | Registered in England No. 7334633: 5 Burderop Close, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 0UL | VAT No. 103 5625 48
Site by T3D